The newest Beta Release for the most popular website CMS in the world is expected to be released this month. We have been following feature the release notes and development of 5.2 closely and have listed the new features and development here.
WordPress 5.2 comes with a number of new features and focuses on fixing existing bugs and introducing some new features to the block editor.
In this article, we will demonstrate to you what’s coming in WordPress 5.2 with highlights and screen captures.coming in WordPress 5.2
WordPress 5.2 is still being worked on, which implies a few highlights may not make it to the last discharge.
Clients are then required to fix changes utilizing a FTP customer or approach their facilitating organization for help.
What new features are coming up in WordPress 5.2?
This Recent update of the Most Popular website CMS in the world comes with the following features:
Updates to the Gutenberg/Block Editor
WordPress Block Editor, Gutenberg has been adding a lot of improvements and fixing a lot of the niggling bugs over the past few months and we feel like its come to the point where its fully usable. Here are the new updates to the Block editor
- 35% faster load time for larger posts and 100% faster keypress time
- Block editor is also coming to the WordPress mobile app to allow you to make changes easily from your mobile devices
Fatal Error Protection
If there is a fatal error on the website now, WordPress will pause the error and send a link to the admin allowing them to log into the backend and fix the issue. This is a very welcome feature and will help out a lot of web devs because logging into FTP was a massive pain and would take a lot of effort.
The new WordPress block editor is much faster than the older classic editor. However, it could get slower when editing lengthier blog posts with tons of blocks.
WordPress 5.2 addressed that with significant performance improvements.
It will now shave 35% off the load time for massive posts. WordPress 5.2 will also cut the keypress time in half, which would make it feel way more responsive when you are typing.
The goal of WordPress is to democratize publishing and making the software accessible for all users. WordPress 5.2 will bring several accessibility improvements to the block editor.
- The block editor will now support reduced motion settings in user’s browser.
- The post URL slug will have better labeling and help text, which will make it easier to locate.
- Block editor will have a clearer and consistent focus styling for keyboard navigating through landmarks.
- WordPress 5.2 will also bring improved screen-reader experience with new speak messages. Existing speak messages are also improved to be clearer.
We hope this article gave you a glimpse of what’s coming in WordPress 5.2. Let us know which features you find interesting and what new features you would like to see in the future.